Preparing baby food is a great job, but the food has to be clean and healthy. The immune system of a baby is not as much developed as an adult. The mother should take proper care while preparing or storing baby food. Your baby tends to fall sick because of your lack of attention. Every mother should follow certain rules for safe baby food at home.
Tips For Safe Baby Food
- Every mother should wash her hands before she cooks or works in the kitchen. It is good to trim your nails weekly so that the dirt from the nails does not get into the food.
- Keep baby plates and bowls separate. Clean them with warm water and proper disinfectant liquid. Clean the knives and chopping board thoroughly after use. More care should be taken after cutting the meat or flesh because if the knives or chopping boards are not cleaned thoroughly they may get cross contaminated.
- Use boiled water for the baby as well as while cooking his food. You can sterilize baby equipments like plate and bowls and then use them.
- Always buy a good quality utensils for your baby like the plastic of the feeding bowl or plate and spoons have to be of high quality rather than cheap ones.
- Store prepared baby food in the fridge as soon as it cools down. It is great to cook fresh food always rather than storing but if at all needs to be stored proper care should be taken as you have to consider power cuts.
- Take small portions of food to feed your baby and it is good to throw away the leftovers. Never feed your baby leftovers food which comes in contact with saliva multiplies in bacteria very fast.
- Do not reheat baby food more than once. The reheated baby food has to be piping hot and then let it cool before feeding your baby.
Maya Zilberstein is a new mom for two beautiful babies and the co-owner of a locksmith company in Broward County, FL. If you are looking for a reliable locksmith call us now 🙂 – We offer locksmiths in Cooper City FL, locksmiths in Davie FL and locksmiths in Margate FL.