All babies need diapers. This is one of the first clothing your child will wear. Choosing which diaper to buy for your baby can be challenging, especially considering the large number of choices and the criticality to find the one that best suits your baby. This guide is aimed at helping you look at the key factors that you must consider when choosing a diaper.
The first point to consider is whether you want to go with a cloth diaper or disposable one. You may select disposable diapers as they are easy to use, easily disposed, and can be changed in public. On the other hand, cloth diapers have been used for ages for babies. You may use cloth diaper, as its soft natural fibers with least chemicals should never cause any skin problem to the child. They prove to be economical also, as they can be reusable after wash. If you are buying disposable diapers, you need to know following.
How To Buy A Baby Diaper?
- Size – choosing the correct size is the very important. Diaper packing generally suggests a size apt to baby’s age and weight. Some brands are available in sizes 1 to 6, others are offered as small, medium, large and extra large.
- Hygiene – keeping baby dry and comfortable is the purpose of disposable diapers. Diaper should remain dry at the surface. Moisture or dampness at the surface will be uncomfortable for the child. It may create skin problems for the child too. Always use Diaper of a reputed Brand.
- Price – disposable diapers are quite expensive. You will need a lot of them as they must be changed quite often. Look for offers available time to time at various retail outlets. Most brand come in a wide variety of packet sizes. Generally big packs are cheaper ones.
- Duration of use – diaper should be used for recommended duration. Some diapers come with extra absorbent material, while others have additional padding on the back. Some are especially designed for all night wearing. Find out which type of diaper will suit your baby the best.
- Perfume -Many diapers are heavily perfumed. Few parents prefer perfumes in a diaper as it may help in minimize the stinky diaper smell in baby’s room. However, some parents don’t like using heavily perfumed products on their baby’s delicate skin. Some also think that diapers with perfume contribute to diaper rash. If you choose non-perfumed diapers, read the package carefully to make sure it reads hypoallergenic. Or just smell the package before you pay.
- Place to tie – One the most important feature to look for is the method to fasten diaper. Most diapers come with resealable tapes and elasticized leg cuffs. This makes it easier to reclose after checking the diaper. It also gives an easy access to baby, who can easily remove it. If you are facing this problem then try putting the diaper on backwards, this will prevent baby from removing the diaper. If tabs of diapers pull of easily, then it can make perfectly good diaper useless.
New Generation of disposable diapers are a way ahead from disposable diapers of previous generations. They use materials that have breathable covers, which can prevent diaper rash. They are easier to close, and they are designed at keeping baby dry for long period of time. However, a perfect diaper is yet to be made. Even with the best diaper, babies develop rashes, and all diapers leak at one time or other . To find the best diaper make sure you try several types.
Maya Zilberstein is a new mom for two beautiful babies and the co-owner of a locksmith company in Broward County, FL. If you are looking for a reliable locksmith call us now 🙂 – We offer locksmiths in Fort Lauderdale FL, locksmiths in North Lauderdale FL and locksmiths in Hallandale Beach FL.